ALINA NESTOR – Lawyer
Alina Nestor will be forever remembered by all of us as the most kind person which gave everything to everybody and never expected something in return. A beautiful person with the biggest heart you will ever see, but also one of the most unlucky persons that we ever seen.
She left us on 18 December 2020 after a fierce struggle with a disease that never gave her a chance. Sora & Associates will never accept this departure and will continue to have her as our associate forever on this website.
Alina Nestor was a valuable member of S&A, successfully representing both S&A’s domestic and international clients’ interests in the Romanian Moldova region.
She was specialized in commercial and company law, labor law, administrative as well as criminal law.
Alina had also extensive experience regarding the absorption of European funds in agriculture as well as in the food industry.
Alina was specialized in agricultural issues, labor matters and commercial litigation. Over the last few years, Alina has worked on some of Romania’s largest agricultural projects and matters, including assisting with a series of farm acquisitions (several of them from the public markets).
As an in-house counsel to one of Romania’s largest live stock operator, Alina had responsibility of the legal affairs of the group’s poultry farm and worked on such matters as combined food installation issues, hatchery plants and poultry breeding processes as well as on slaughterhouse issues and waste water treatment. In addition, she advised on the farms’ compliance with agricultural regulations and existing licences and permits.
Her experience included:
- team member advising and assisting a large UK agricultural group with a series of large farm acquisitions including assistance with post-closing matters and issues;
- spearheaded three important multi-million Euro SAPARD projects including:
- negotiating a series of equipment contracts for farms and slaughterhouses
- advised on the legal aspects of building a rendering plant and water treatment plant; and
- overseeing the tender process and supervising plant construction.
- represented a large farming operation in obtaining all necessary environmental authorizations and permits, including for waste disposal and water treatment.
Alina was a speaker of French, English, Spanish, Italian and Romanian.
Romanian Bar Association
Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B.) in Law from “Petre Andrei” University from Iasi
Masters Degree in International Relations and European Integration from the National School of Political Studies and Administration from Bucharest