Alina is a valuable member of S&A, successfully representing both S&A’s domestic and international clients’ interests in the Romanin Moldova region.
She specializes in commercial and company law, labour law, administrative as well as criminal law.
Alina has also extensive experience regarding the absorption of European funds in agriculture as well as in the food industry.
Alina specializes in agricultural issues, labor matters and commercial litigation. Over the last few years, Alina has worked on some of Romania’s largest agricultural projects and matters, including assisting with a series of farm acquisitions (several of them from the public markets).
As an in-house counsel to one of Romania’s largest live stock operator, Alina had responsibility of the legal affairs of the group’s poultry farm and worked on such matters as combined food installation issues, hatchery plants and poultry breeding processes as well as on slaughterhouse issues and waste water treatment. In addition, she advised on the farms’ compliance with agricultural regulations and existing licences and permits.
Recent experience includes:
- team member advising and assisting a large UK agricultural group with a series of large farm acquisitions including assistance with post-closing matters and issues;
- spearheaded three important multi-million Euro SAPARD projects including:
- negotiating a series of equipment contracts for farms and slaughterhouses
- advised on the legal aspects of building a rendering plant and water treatment plant; and
- overseeing the tender process and supervising plant construction.
- represented a large farming operation in obtaining all necessary environmental authorizations and permits, including for waste disposal and water treatment.
Alina speaks French, English, Spanish, Italian and Romanian.
Romanian Bar Association
Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B.) in Law from “Petre Andrei” University from Iasi
Masters Degree in International Relations and European Integration from the National School of Political Studies and Administration from Bucharest